San Francisco to Sedona
Our January adventures included getting back to the US for a belated Holiday party(we were so lame we only took pictures of the first guests and the hosts- be forewarned if you want to be in the blog show up early!). Thanks to Marija for not only hosting us – but making all the food and buying all the beverages!
Then onto Arizona for a little work and we met David’s Uncle Sol and wife. Then my family had a little birthday reunion up in Sedona. We stayed at a lovely house in Cornville about 20 miles from Sedona where the master bath showers were as big as a locker room. The first day we ate (the fry bread was a bit rich!), spa’ed and ate again (three free desserts as we were celebrating my Mom’s, David’s and my birthday)! The girls also got some shopping in at a cool artist community called Tlaquepaque.
The next day we went to a little artist’s community in Jerome and ate again! Later to work off all that eating we hiked Boyton Canyon. It was amazingly beautiful and cold in the shade!
The next day we went to see some Indian ruins that had been around for hundreds of years though Dad did a good job trying to knock down the door way with his backpack. The caves had petroglyphs – one thought to be a calendar showing the position of the sun over the mountains in the solstices. After eating (again) we hiked devil’s bridge and I did my best to make Mom nervous by jumping and dancing on the bridge. She vowed to have no sympathy for me when my own little ones reciprocate!
The rest of the family departed at 4 am, and David and I, loving our sleep a little more, meandered back to Phoenix by way of Montezuma’s well and Montezuma’s castle. The early explorers had some issues about where exactly Mexico was, hence the names.
Disclaimer and blogger’s vanity – though I have talked about how much food we were eating, if I appear a tad plump in the photos it is because I was 17 weeks pregnant. Sorry, couldn’t help the vanity!

1 Comments:
What a small world. David's brother, Jonathan-whom I met at PES-turned me on to both of your travel blogs and I've really enjoyed reading them. I noticed to my surprise today while I was catching up on news (I'm sorry to say I have not read them in a while) That the lady in the top picture, sat right next to me at the Assist Team training for Wings last Friday, here in Eugene. I love that kind of synchronicity. I am due to graduate Lifeworks in mid April. And I understand David will be beginning (?) Lifeworks at the end of April.(?) Thanks for letting me introduce myself and then prattle on here a bit. Congrats on the addition to the family. -Marshelle
Post a Comment
<< Home